WELCOME IRISH FOOTBALL FANS

WELCOME IRISH FOOTBALL FANS!
We have established this Blog to share any and all thoughts and discuss issues relating to Notre Dame Football.
We are Subway Alumni Notre Dame Fans who love IRISH Football and The University of Notre Dame Du Lac. This is the place to interact, learn, discuss, perk interest, argue, keep you informed, have some fun and maybe help perpetuate the traditions and history of Notre Dame Football.

Check out the archives, for some great posts or scroll down the right side for the most popular. At the bottom of the Blog, we have added 50+ neat pictures of the Notre Dame Campus.

Don't forget to add us to your favorites list: http://subwayalumnistation.blogspot.com

Feel free to make comments to the posts. We read and try to answer all of them.
Email us at: dragonspress@gmail.com
Welcome Aboard!

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Attitude Adjustment and Wake Up the Echoes

Rereading most of the previous posts, I am a little bit surprised at my negativity and skepticism. Like those few that have chosen to migrate over from BGS, I pretty much bleed Blue and Gold and consider Notre Dame Football the greatest team sport to watch and enjoy.
The issue has been isolated and I will try to be more positive. After all, I do not want to drive anyone away before we really get started.
The problem is that I was burned by Charlie Weis.

After watching Lou Holtz and the Administration part ways with hard feelings all the way around. I was not sure Bob Davie was the right fit with no head coaching experience and was not sad to see him get his walking papers. The general consensus was that Ty Willingham would be able to recruit like crazy and bond with the African-American athletics at Notre Dame. With better talent than he could get from the likes of Stanford, I thought for sure he would succeed with the Irish. He rode some great defenses left over from Davie and when that dried up, he was exposed.  Duh.

I should not have however I embraced Charlie and all that he said.  Bring in a pro style offense. His approach to practices and the handling the Irish like any pro team in the NFL. Hint that the NFL awaited anyone and everyone. Show the rings, talk up the offensive genius and plan to out smart the opponents. Recruit like mad.  Gee, went to school at Notre Dame, NJ tough-guy attitude, daughter with special needs, pass right on the first play, bond with the Navy team after the game, I bought it all. Lock, stock and barrel. Duh.

When the defense began to stink like week-old dead fish, the plan to ease out the inexperienced Corwin Brown and bring in defensive genius John Tenuta seemed perfect. I stayed on Charlie’s bandwagon and started singing happy days are here again with the rest of you.

I fell off the bandwagon with the second loss to Navy. My butt is still sore and I have to rub it from time-to-time just to remember my gullibility.

Everyone likes the idea of a proven coach and staff. Plenty of college experience. Coaches who had to ride on buses with the team to games played with open end zones. Brian Kelly says he is going to bring back toughness and a new style. Secretly, I think he is surprised at the talent level and may even drool a little over the possibilities. Kelly Camp, training table, study hall, game room in the Gug, new young hungry coaches and a promise to play old fashion Notre Dame Football. Sounds great, still I’m going to hope, pray and wait and see. However, I will sound  more positive and root for the echoes to be heard by one and all once again.

No comments: